SolRX – A TRUE SPORTS SUNSCREEN
SolRX is a sports sunscreen created to ensure the highest level and quality of protection with the least impact on you, your performance or your environment.
There are many products claiming to be “sports sunscreens” but few live up to the true needs of sports people who are performing or competing over long periods in intense, hot and sweaty conditions.
SolRX created their trade marked and closely guarded secret, WATERBLOCK Technology, which ensures that it will last for extended periods of time, in and out of the water without being washed off your skin. This same technology ensures that the sunscreen adheres to the skin and does not sweat out - that means no stinging in the eyes and no loss of performance. SolRX is also a non-greasy sunscreen so you won’t suffer from poor grip or slippery skin.
The ultimate proof of this is the number of athletes across the world such as cyclists, ultra-marathon runners and windsurfers who use SolRX to protect their skin whilst competing at the top level of their sport.
The Science Behind SolRX
How should I apply SolRX?
- It is best to concentrate on smaller areas with small amounts of sunscreen, then moving on to another area, ensuring complete and well-absorbed coverage. Avoid applying large amounts in a single go as you will find that it does not get equally distributed. Over application, especially with zinc (mineral) sunscreens can cause skin dryness.
- To ensure the best performance of your SolRX sunscreen you must apply 20 minutes before exposure to the sun or to moisture as this time will give the sunscreen time to bond and activate on your skin.
- Efficient and complete application is essential to ensure the performance of SolRX sunscreen – if in doubt “let it dry, then reapply” to assure you are covered all over.
- Allow it to absorb and dry before contact with clothes and towels etc.
- You should always take breaks from intense sunshine, especially when the sun is at its strongest, between 11am and 3pm
- Always use other methods of protection from the sun along with your SolRX sunscreen. This can be done by wearing protective clothing, hats and sunglasses to protect your eyes. And also by seeking shade.
- SolRX sunscreen should be stored in a cool dry environment. Keep it out of direct sunlight and always put the lid back on firmly. Excess heat will affect the structure of the lotion and could cause separation of ingredients, which will render it useless. So, don’t keep it on the dashboard in your car and always keep it in a shaded cool place; like your kit bag or with your lunch in a cool box.
- Always replace the cap or lid after use. SolRX contains ingredients which enable the sunscreen to bond to your skin, helping to create the water resistant long lasting effect. These ingredients activate with exposure to air, so if you leave the lid off, the sunscreen will dry out; just like a tin of paint would.
- Sunscreen should be stored in a cool dry place. Excess heat can quickly degrade the quality of the sunscreen. Once opened SolRX sunscreen is good for up to 12 months, after which you should dispose of it and use a new tube.